Welcome to Jefferson!
Jefferson is part of the South Redford School District and is a Pre-K through Fifth grade school.
Named in honor of the 3rd President of the United States, Thomas Jefferson Elementary School is a thriving academic community with much to be proud of! Located in the southwest corner of Redford Township at 26555 Westfield, most of our students are local and come from the surrounding neighborhood.
Jefferson offers many wonderful things!
- NCA Accreditation. The South Redford School District was the first district in Michigan to receive district-wide NCA accreditation!
- An active school-home partnership. Our Jefferson Community Council (JCC) is made of parents, teachers and community stake-holder and has put on many activities to support Jefferson.
- A school/community vegetable garden where students grow, harvest, and eat vegetables as well as a school reading garden with plants, flowers and benches.
- The Watch DOGS program. A program to encourage fathers and other positive male role models to be involved and visible in and around the school.
- “A World in Motion” partnership with Detroit Diesel where students learn about engineering concepts and compete with other students in the area at Cobo Hall in the early spring.
- Positive Behavior Support throughout the school, where students are encouraged to make healthy behavior choices and earn privileges and rewards for doing so.
- Monthly celebration assemblies where students and classrooms are recognized for their accomplishments and leadership.
As you can see, Jefferson is the place to be!