Prior to volunteering at Jefferson, including chaperoning field trips, helping in a classroom, working with the JCC or any assisting in any capacity within the building, all adults must complete the Background Check Process. This includes submitting paperwork with a photocopy of your ID to the Jefferson office and gaining approval from Central Office. Please note this process can take up to a week, so please plan accordingly.
Here is the process for completing the Background Check Process:
- Print off all the Volunteer Registration Form and complete them.
- Bring all forms and your state-issued photo ID to Jefferson and submit them to the school secretary.
- The school secretary will submit all forms and documents to the Central Office for processing. This takes 3-5 days.
- Once complete, Central Office staff will notify the Jefferson secretary of the status.
- After allowing the 3-5 days of processing you may contact the Jefferson secretary to determine your application status.